Our Church History
In 1959 the Pacific Northwest District asked Wayne and Joanne Luke to move from the coast to start a church in Richland. An “A” house was rented where the Lukes lived on one side and the other half was used for church services. Two businessmen donated the present lot for the church. Rev. Ermond Homan drew the plans and supervised the work for six weeks while a small chapel (our current youth room) and five rooms were built. The Lukes hosted many work crews who came from other Alliance churches to help with the construction. Rev. Rogers Irwin came to be the first pastor. Following his ministry Rev. Wesley Jeske took over in 1964 and the church grew steadily under his leadership. The present sanctuary was built in 1969. Rev. Ron Carlson was pastor from 1970-1976 and our very own Rev. David Clark has been serving us since 1976.
RAC Mission Statement
Richland Alliance Church is a worshipping community of disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ which, in the empowering of the Holy Spirit and through prayer, is called and committed to glorifying the Triune God:
- Evangelizing our world with the Good News of Jesus Christ, and
- Edifying Christian believers with the Word of God.
This is summarized in the following expression:
RAC HAS: (and) IS
A VISION for PEOPLE
A VOCATION for SERVING
A VOICE for THE LORD